Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lost in Translation

I was talking to a friend of mine about my last post. I don't know if I expressed myself as clearly as I possibly could. I know sometimes I go off on tangents- so perhaps my point got lost. Here are some clarifications:

Having money doesn't make you shallow or unkind, just like NOT having it makes you noble....I know plenty of people with money who are some of the most generous wonderful people out there. If all their money disappeared tomorrow, they would still be the same awesome human beings. You can be gracious or an ass no matter what your financial background is!

The reason I was so annoyed with these women- who were guilty of nothing else but shopping- was that I could identify with them. I recognized a piece of myself in that dressing room that I don't particularly like.  She rears her ugly entitled head once in a while and even though I don't like her much- she's in there. She confuses wants with needs on occasion and when I was screaming at the shoppers next to me in my head- I was in reality screaming at her.

I have said it before and I will say it again- what you say in judgement about others doesn't really say a lot about them, but it does say a LOT about you.

Appreciate indulgences- ENJOY them. (especially shoes:)

I own too many shoes (I admit it Alex!!)

And that's all I have to say about that.......

No comments:

Post a Comment