Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Getting back in the Saddle….

I just re-read my last post from WAAAAAY back in September 2012. It is now almost exactly two years later and life has changed for me and my family in ways I never expected. It all goes back to one of the things I say all of the time, How do you make God laugh? Tell God your plans.

In my last post I was still, frankly, reeling from having the rug pulled out from under me in terms of what I thought was going to me my yoga community for the rest of my life exploding. Friendships were broken, people were hurt and there was a LOT of processing to be done. Hopefully lessons were learned by all (myself included) and everyone is stronger, wiser and better for it.  (except the person who caused it all- but, svāhā)

As of my last post, I was working six days a week teaching as well as being a mom, part-time cook and  wife. I'm still a mom and a wife, but not currently working as we have picked up and moved 1000 miles away from Connecticut to Atlanta, GA. Quite the change for all of us.

I find that you learn a lot about yourself when you change environments. Never has this been more true for me than in the last few months. I have learned that I am a very impatient, dare I say it, aggressive driver. I have learned that I am not good at having too much free time. I have learned that I worry more than I should about things I cannot control. I have learned that I am a control freak, because I want to fix the things I cannot control. I have learned that I like to know where I stand at all times (with friendships, work, etc) and when I don't, the uncertainty of it shakes me to the core of my being. I have learned that I own way too many pairs of inappropriate shoes.

I moved around a lot as a child. When we finally landed in CT I was determined to stay there forever. In my mind I had my entire life mapped out. I would get married to the love of my life (still am) have kids (check) buy a house (check) be friends with the same peeps forever (in some cases- check- some- not so much) go on vacations to certain places, belong to certain clubs,  and on and on and on. Clinging to things that are familiar. Clinging to patterns and a lifestyle that was comfortable BECAUSE it was familiar. Did it serve? Sometimes yes- sometimes no.

So now having the chance after the whirlwind of the last few months to stop and look around, I have decided it's time for me to start writing again. I have some re-inventing to do, some examining to do and some yoga to practice. I hope if you are reading this that you will enjoy it and perhaps to relate to it in some small way. This first post is short, but sweet; touching on many subjects to come.

xo-
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment